by Leslie Phillips, Chief Executive Officer
So good, nobody notices. When I saw this article title, the voice in my head said: “stop the bus.” Not because I disagreed. But because I felt like it was reading my mind or eavesdropping on recent conversations. I’ve had the chance to get out and see some other operators lately. This is enlightening on many levels, but…as relates to this…I am amazed at what others “get away with,” from the food to the presentation to the customer service. I have said in my head and even privately to others: “if we looked like this at ______ (insert nearly any MG location) for one meal we’d be fired.” We do so many things to make MG dining special…perhaps so consistently special that…it goes unnoticed. But consider for a sec what might happen if we didn’t?
Incremental excellence will never be as sexy as the thrill of the new because the better you get the less noticeable the difference may be. But it can be every bit as valuable.
The post Incremental Excellence is by Leslie Phillips, Chief Executive Officer and appeared first on Meriwether Godsey.
by Denise Simmons, Corporate Executive Chef
2 T butter
1 head garlic, halved crosswise
1 c whole milk
1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, with liquid
1 – 15 oz can white beans, drained & rinsed
1 thyme sprig
2 sage leaves
1 bay leaf
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
4-6 kale leaves, ribs & stems removed, cut into 1″ strips
Garnishes: shaved parmesan, olive, red pepper flakes, crusty bread
1. Melt the butter in saucepan on med-high.
2. Add garlic, cut side down, cook 1-2 mins to golden brown.
3. Stir in milk, chickpeas, white beans, herbs, nutmeg, s&p.
4. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and add kale.
5. Simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 15 mins.
6. Remove herbs & garlic head, cool garlic & remove soft cloves with fork.
7. Serve beans with shaved parmesan, drizzle of olive oil, pinch of crushed red pepper.
8. Spread crusty bread with soft garlic cloves & serve alongside beans.
The post Creamy Braised White Beans & Kale is by Denise Simmons, Corporate Executive Chef and appeared first on Meriwether Godsey.